Wednesday 23 May 2012

It's a family affair


I've photographed a few quilts made for members of my family - I'd like to share them with you here:






The quilt above is one I made for my brother Derek and his wife Pauline for Christmas 2005, when we returned to England from Australia.  It is a classic Log Cabin design in colours to suit their decor. I really enjoyed making this as I loved the colours.


Detail:






My nephew Ian and his wife Sarah were married in 2004 and the quilt below was made for their wedding present. It is a Bethlehem Star, the first one I had ever tackled . I was quite pleased with the result.



Since this is a family affair , here is the quilt I made for Karen's 50th birthday.  Full of colour, from Batic fabrics.  I loved  it and I know she did!










No comments:

Post a Comment